Wednesday 17 August 2011

The debut of The Rachel Zoe Collection

If you havent heard of Rachel Zoe she is a bit of a controversial stylist in the US who has worked with Nicole Ritchie and Mischa Barton in the past and more recently Eva Mendes and Anne Hathaway.  She has been criticised for being too thin in the press and there was a catfight going on for a bit between her and Nicole R as she accused Rachel of pushing her to lose weight etc, blah blah blah. In regards to her style I have a mixed opinion, she LOVES the bohemian look and used to style all her clients like they were little clones of her.  However she has my respect on some of the outfits she wore during her pregnancy, including the killer heels!







Anyway this week was the launch of her clothing line in the US.  While I feel its overpriced for not a hugely exciting collection there are a few key pieces that I like:


pic courtesy of bloomingdales.com
pic courtesy of bloomingdales.com
pic courtesy of fashionista.com
pic courtesy of fashionista.com

I could only find prices on a few of the items but as mentioned they are pretty high, for example the beaded cardigan is £161 and the white jacket is £476.  I love the cut of red suit and the tan poncho style jacket, however I feel you could find very similar items elsewhere, especially places like Reiss, LK Bennett or Whistles, for not such purse painful prices and still with quality fabric and cut. 

To check out the full collection visit www.fashionista.com.  

What do you guys think? All opinions very welcome :)


xxx



3 comments:

  1. I liked her collection, but wouldn't buy anything... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean, its just not attention grabbing and makes me want it in my wardrobe!! Tom Fords new collection on the other hand? Wow I want it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonita colección!!
    Besos, desde España, Marcela

    ReplyDelete

Any comments from you lovely lot is much appreciated. Please let me know if you have a blog as well, I would love to check it out xx